Gynostemma is a hit in herbal medicine. The plant has been tested in numerous laboratories and studies demonstrated its strong regulating properties, effectively translating into balanced function of the organism. Gynostemma contains many amino acids, vitamins and minerals of great value for the human organism: selenium, magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, phosphorus and others.
The list of benefits offered by the herb and confirmed by clinical trials are breathtaking. Gynostemma is an almost universal cure used in treatment of a broad selection of conditions, from arterial hypertension to bronchitis. Gynostemma offers general nutrition and strengthening of the organism. It is commonly used in treatment of chronic diseases, including asthma, migraine, neuralgia, abnormal function of the respiratory tract and of the gastrointestinal system, as well as syndromes caused by nutritional deficiencies.
It is a strong antioxidant, and laboratory tests indicated its possible use in the therapy of cancerr.
The herb is also used for regulation of the organism function. It is a highly potent adaptogen, or an agent facilitating adaptation to the current situation and counteracting various stressors, leading to restoration of homeostasis. It regulates blood pressure – both high and low. Gynostemma may be also used for reduction of the unfavourable, increased cholesterol level. Generally, Gynostemma supports the immunological system and restores harmony of all functions of the organism.
– antioxidative protection
– delay of the aging process
– regulation of blood pressure and cholesterol levels
– increase of heart function (increase of the cardiac output, with no increase of heart rate or arterial pressure)
– regulation of blood sugar levels
– increased efficiency of the respiratory system
– improved metabolism
– counteraction to hepatic cirrhosis
– improvement of renal function
– drank at night improves the quality and length of night sleep
– stimulation of immunity- stimulation of macrophages, increased production of lymphocytes
– anti-inflammatory effect, i.e. on gastric ulcers
– regulation of blood flow, elimination of blood stasis
– analgesic effect
– cures liver and bronchitis
– increase of immunity and prevention of harmful effects of stress
– eliminates problems with falling asleep and reduces nervousness
– highly helpful in slimming therapies
– improves stamina and reduces duration of the organism regeneration period.
INSTRUCTION OF USE:
To prepare a Gynostemma tea, take 3-5g of dried leaves and pour a cup of boiling water. Brew for at least 5 minutes, but the brewing process may take as long as 40 minutes. A safe daily dose of the plant is 4g/kg of body weight – which means that 2-3 cups a day will surely do you good. Gynostemma should not be used on empty stomach. It should be used cautiously by patients treated pharmacologically for hypertension or using sedative drugs, as the plant may potentiate effects of those drugs.